RED EMPIRE TACTICAL
One Day Gunfighter Carbine I
This carbine course is designed to increase the skill level of the novice shooter, or get back to the basics for the experienced shooters that need that once in a year checkup on the fundamentals of carbine shooting. The course will consist of approximately 1 hour instruction on firearm safety, firearm operation, and the safe and correct way to handle and operate your carbine on and off range. The initial instruction will be followed by 5 hours of gradually perplexing drills that involve a variety of shooting positions, distances, and target types. All drills will be from the standing position and are designed to improve accuracy and speed. Upon completion of this course the student will have a thorough understanding of firearm safety, firearm operation, and the ability to engage multiple targets from various distances.
Course Objective: The student will achieve or get back to high level of confidence in the safe handling and operation of their carbine with a substantial improvement in accuracy and speed of target engagement.
- General firearms safety
- Safe loading, unloading, and the proper clearing procedures
- The fundamentals of rifle marksmanship
- Reloading and malfunction drills
- Multiple shots and multiple targets
- Sights, zeroing considerations and techniques, slings, and equipment placement
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 500 rounds of pistol ammunition per person.
Prerequisite: A basic understanding of firearms safety and operation.
Training schedule: Show time is 8:30am with instruction starting at 9:00am and ending at 3pm. There will be a one hour lunch break.
Class Dates: TBD
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Carbine with a minimum of 2 magazines/optical sight (optional but recommended)
- Belt with magazine pouches or vest (Kit)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with oil)
- Eye and ear protection
- Food and water (1 hour lunch break)
- Rain gear
- Sun screen
Course includes: 5 hours of instruction and a Red Empire Tactical certificate of completion.
Cost: $175 tuition fee